trouble downloading files, and loading links

Internet

a bleak vista from VISTA is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
trouble downloading files, and loading links
Hello fellow Vistaheads

Please forgive me if any of this is hard to follow. I am a computer ignoramus who is experiencing some Internet which seem to be caused by VISTA. Links don't necessarily load, and I am unable to download files from various internet sites. And, if I go to my ISP's server and try to open email there, the email message won't open.

When I double-click on a link, sometimes nothing happens (just a whirling circle, whirling for all eternity), but sometimes the address of the site to which the link points will appear in a blank window. If I copy the address and put in the address bar of another tab, hit return, then the site will load in that new tab.

These problems may have existed prior to installing security software (Norton 360). I had a great deal of difficulty downloading Norton 360 from the Symantec site. But I did not attempt to surf the internet or check email in my ISP server prior to downloading Norton 360, being anxious to get security software installed on the machine before exposing it to possible risks.

Returning the internet settings to default does not help. The internet problems are still there.

Thank you for any help you can give. It's a virtually-brand new computer purchased mainly to allow me to work at home. But because of the problems with accessing links and downloading files, I can't work from home. Very frustrating.

The operating system is VISTA home premium.

Thanks you so much for any help you can give. It is greatly appreciated

Sincerely,
M.J.

rylle is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Got simillar problems...
Hello!
I have similar problems with my Vista Premium, in 5 of 10 times I have to reload webpages, log in etc to get it to load the page/service(like MSN etc), post/load images to my blog(they get corrupted)
Its not the ISP, I have my old XP rigg still running and it dosent have these anoying fault. I run EST Antivius on both machines...
Anyone got a solution for us?