IE graphics problem

Internet

anitab0227 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
IE graphics problem
When I browse on IE7, many of my navigation buttons and some photographs do not appear. A box and red x appears instead. I've cleared browsing histories and deleted temporary files, but this has not worked. Any ideas on what may be wrong?

Thanks for your help.
Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmmm, interesting! have you tried updating your graphics card?

A few details I would like to know though, if the above advice does not work:
1. When did this problem start to occur, and what was your last action before?
2. any other programs you know that malfunction like that?
Also, what you can try to reduce your color settings to 16-bit instead of 32/64 bit.
__________________
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face

anitab0227 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Other info
Thanks for the reply. This is my friend's computer and it was purchased within the last year. She told me that she is trying to update her website and installed FrontPage on the machine. That's when she noticed the graphics problem. She uninstalled it, but the graphics problem remains.

Does that help for additional ideas?
Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hmmmm, unfortunately, no. My only suggestion is she switches to Mozilla Firefox, it has a plugin called IE tab, where it can create an IE environment for web pages.

If this problem persists with Mozilla, and other programs, then post again, and I might have an Idea as to what is going on.
__________________
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face

madelyn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi there - I'm having similar problems with seeing some images on IE7 with Vista. (I have searched the forum and checked microsoft for solutions but nothing works).

Seems to be only on shopping sites (e.g. John Lewis, oli, B&Q) - I can see images fine on the front pages but when go in to see product images, they're all red crosses - could be where the file doesn't end in a .jpeg or .gif - don't know if that's important?

For example one that won't open is http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/is/ima...01OLIL?$olism$

Any ideas?????????
Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok, there are many reasons to why this won't happen, but I don't know all of them.
A few common ones are:
Internet Security Settings
This is the security settings which IE7 will follow. Go to tools, then Internet Options and click on the Security tab. Make sure that your settings are NOT set to high, if they are, then set them to medium-high, or medium.
Display/Advanced Settings
Go to tools, then Internet Options and click on the Advanced tab.
Enable the following options:
1. Enable Visual styles on buttons and controls in web pages.
2. Enable automatic image resizing
3. Show Pictures
4. Smart image dithering
5. I do not suggest you use phishing filter.
Try scrolling up and down until you find each, they are in order from top to bottom here.
Bandwidth and Connection Speed
This could be due to a bad connection speed, if you use dial-up, then switch to less antiquated technology. I use wireless. If your internet is supposed to be fast, then wait a couple of hours, maybe your ISP has too many users using their internet.
If it is still slow, contact your Router/modem technical support and tell them your problems, or your ISP.

Hope this helps.
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face