Mobile Phone as 'Modem' question...

Internet

Maverick27 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mobile Phone as 'Modem' question...
Can somebody pls. give me a STEP by STEP instruction on how to configure a Window based mobile phone as modem on a laptop with Vista either thro' Bluetooth or Modem connectivity to connect to the internet ?!

I've downloaded a utility from here :
Download details: Microsoft Windows Mobile Device Center 6.1 for Windows Vista (32-bit)
in order to establish SYNC between my mobile (I-Mate JASJAR) & laptop (Vista).

Do i need to install any additional drivers on my VISTA in order to accomplish my task of using my mobile to connect to the internet from my laptop ?

Thanks - Mave
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Mave,

sorry for not getting back to you earlier.

Can you try and setup a Wireless link between the laptop and I-Mate JASJAR instead. This would be better than Bluetooth.

regards

Steve

Maverick27 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the piece of advise.

As i'm not a compter expert, do you mind giving a STEP by STEP instruction ?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Maverick,
ok. Lets start off with...

Step 1.
Because I do not have the same phone as you can you do the following....
In the manual that came with the Phone please search the index for Wifi.

Step 2.
Set up the Wifi as per the instructions in the Manual that came with the phone.

Step 3.
Check out this website that show step by step instructions on how to set up a wireless connections between 2 devices.

Step 4.

Please post back here when you are successful and we can then progress to Step 5.

regards

Steve

Maverick27 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
RE;
Thanks - Steve.

Quote:
Step 3.
Check out this website that show step by step instructions on how to set up a wireless connections between 2 devices.

Which website R U referring to ?
Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 176 Times in 44 Posts
Hi Maverick,

here is the address. http://www.propeller.com/viewstory/2...eless-network/

Did you find out how to turn on the Wifi on the phone?

regards

Steve