No sound after reinstalling windows vista

Hardware Problems

Pacifica is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
No sound after reinstalling windows vista
ok so I had to reinstall vista on my computer, and now I seem to have an issue where I have no sound. I've gotten new speakers but that didn't solve my problem. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the sound card but still nothing, the only problem I can find is that a thing called ADS instant hdtv pci listed under sound in my device manager has a yellow exclamation point next to it. I have gotten the code 10 error from it and I have updated it fully, I am using Realtek high definition audio for my sound. Any ideas as to why my sound isn't working?

chrisgayle is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: No sound after reinstalling windows vista
First, make sure that the speakers are turned on and are not muted. Restart the system at least once after you install vista to verify installation is complete. After restart the computer, check whether you can hear sound. If not, try plugging a different audio device with your computer.

If problem persists, check with this link: Why can't my computer play sound after installing a Windows service pack?
__________________
USB hard drive | Private cloud

JoshuaReen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No sound after reinstalling windows vista
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
ok so I had to reinstall vista on my computer, and now I seem to have an issue where I have no sound. I've gotten new speakers but that didn't solve my problem. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the sound card but still nothing, the only problem I can find is that a thing called ADS instant hdtv pci listed under sound in my device manager has a yellow exclamation point next to it. I have gotten the code 10 error from it and I have updated it fully, I am using Realtek high definition audio for my sound. Any ideas as to why my sound isn't working?
If ADS instant hdtv pci listed under sound in device manager has a yellow exclamation point next to it, then installing the drivers for ADS instant hdtv pci may solve this problem.

iphonex is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: No sound after reinstalling windows vista
After installing vista restart your system and then check your speaker, may be because of some technical problem your speaker is not working properly.