Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar

Hardware Problems

SDM SDM is offline

SDM is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar
Hi all,

When I start my computer (of course not this one), Windows Vista will keep on loading the screen which shows the Microsoft Corporation copyright sign and the green loading bar.

I have no idea how this happened, although I do need to make 3 remarks:
1. I recently installed a lot of Windows updates (because this was not done automatically in the past) and perhaps I shouldn't have
2. My pc has automatically shut down because of a lack of power just before this problem occurred
3. I did notice last week that some files might have been affected (and I had to rename one of the sys-files, but I can't remember which one)

I tried the last known good configuration, but it gives the same result. I tried Safe Mode start, but it stops loading at crcdisk.sys.

You may notice that I am a complete noob in hardware issues, but I'll try my hardest to understand any suggestions.

Please don't just say that I need to reinstall Windows, because I could have come up with that idea too. For every pc issue, there is a solution without having to reinstall. In the end, I don't mind reinstalling, but I would really want to recover some files from my hard drive first.

I guess you will be needing more info to help out, but I don't actually know which info to provide or where to find out. However, explain me and I'll start looking right away.

I will be checking the forum every night (unfortunately, I have to work during the day) and really hope someone will be able to help me.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by SDM : 01-11-2010 at 23:08.
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar
Do you have a Vista install DVD? You will need it to attempt an automatic repair and to scan your disk for errors.

dabhos is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar
hey SDM
I think any bootable file is corrupt so you have need to use the F8 option at booting time after you choose Last Known Good Configuration.

Thank you

Dan hos

rushya_101 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar
I have the same problem with my laptop. I do not know what you have done in order to solve it but it would be highly appreciated if you can give me an idea of what to do regarding it.
Thank you so much.

Johndoe234 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Windows won't boot beyond the green loading bar
This article is just one in a few important covering how to use fix the basic issues. Iím assuming itís a good for most of the people .Thanks.

IT consulting