Won't install, says mobo isn't ACPI compliant

Hardware Problems

dlgirl08 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Won't install, says mobo isn't ACPI compliant
I am running Windows XP Professional with SP3. I have an ASUS a7v600 with the 1009-005 BIOS update (the last update for that model). It says in the BIOS, the documentation, and through tech support that it is ACPI compliant. But the Vista installer claims my motherboard --isn't--. ASUS tech support said maybe it was just too old to communicate properly with Vista, being a 6-year-old board. But I just don't have the cash to buy a new motherboard, and I'm pretty sure none of the newer boards will support an AMD 2600+ (it's socket 7), so I'd have to get a new processor, too.

I've looked all over to find a fix, and so far have come up with nothing. Maybe someone here knows of a patch or dll I can use? Better yet, does anybody have any aspirin?

Oh, how I miss the days of simple, flexible computing, where if your hardware didn't support it, the OS simply didn't enable that option.

At this rate, I'll have to drop over a grand just to run the darn thing, and then, the only reason not to buy 7 would be because I just shelled out so much for Vista.

Why, Microsoft? Why?
Gurra's Avatar

Gurra is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Won't install, says mobo isn't ACPI compliant
Hi,
Your BIOS needs to be ACPI 2.0 compliant to work with Vista.
The ACPI 2.0 spec has been available quite a while, I'd say about 9 years now.
Check if you have a specific BIOS setting that enables/disables ACPI 2.0.
/Gurra

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlgirl08 View Post