Built in Bluetooth Disappeared

Hardware Problems

Tomboby is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Built in Bluetooth Disappeared
Hi all,

I need URGENT Help.
I recently upgraded from windows XP to windows vista buisness on my Dell Vostro 1510 Laptop

After the installation it seems that my Toshiba Blue-tooth shack software which i use to manage blue-tooth is not compatible with this vista version of windows.

Using Built in 360 blue-tooth adapter.

After the installation i noticed that i couldn't use blue-tooth on my computer, it disappeared totally. Nothing in the device manager, desktop and other blue-tooth using programs. When i tried to search for nearby blue-tooth devices using the Microsoft blue-tooth program, it said to check if my blue-device/adapter was plugged in. Help??

The Blue-tooth is controlled by a sliding switch on the left hand side of the computer casing. The switch also controls the wireless adapter.

I remember that the Toshiba blue-tooth stack can turn the blue-tooth adapter off without sliding the switch to the off position. That is the Toshiba program can turn the blue tooth off internally but i don't know how.

I might have turned the blue-tooth off using the Toshiba program before installing windows vista buisness on the computer in which i couldn't turn back on again after i finished upgrading because the program couldn't operate on vista.

Any way to fix my blue-tooth bearing in mind that it might not be the Toshiba program causing the problem. Any way to diagnose the problem and fix?

Many thanks.

Last edited by Tomboby : 09-26-2009 at 09:39.

jessicalore is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Built in Bluetooth Disappeared
I would suggest that if you cannot see first you bluetooh device on the "Device Manager" window, you need first to reinstall that first. You can download the drivers for your Windows Vista machine by clicking here the bluetooh driver is under Network(4).

Try first make appear your bluetooh device on Device Manager.

You can go to Start--->right click on My Computer---> on your left find Device Manager
__________________
Houston Computer Repair
Computer Repair Blog
Passwords are like underwear: you don’t let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers.
The Following User Says Thank You to jessicalore For This Useful Post:

Tomboby is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Built in Bluetooth Disappeared
The driver won't install because it needs to detect the bluetooth moluecule but like i said the bluetooth molucle can't be detected. So the install software won't work. And the device manager has no sign of bluetooth!!

zstarmaster is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Built in Bluetooth Disappeared
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomboby View Post
The driver won't install because it needs to detect the bluetooth moluecule but like i said the bluetooth molucle can't be detected. So the install software won't work. And the device manager has no sign of bluetooth!!
Hi Tomboby, I have a Vostro 1520 with a Dell bluetooth 355. Once you install XP or windows 7 The laptop's bluetooth is turned off and you need the wakeup patch/tool to enable it. try searching for "BTW Radio ON" in dells website or follow this link to d/l fix:
Drivers and Downloads

I hope this helps! I have got my bluetooth to work with that but windows 7 seems to like to disable the bluetooth again after a few min of use and then I can not find it in the device manager or any options for bluetooth as the OS Thinks I don't have the adaptor anymore. I can get bluetooth to be enabled again by restarting, I'm still looking into the issue myself, hope the BTW Radio ON helps you out! Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to zstarmaster For This Useful Post:

Tomboby is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 4
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Built in Bluetooth Disappeared
Still No luck even with the BTW Radio ON program; it says: no compaditable radio found.
Please Help.