Think my MB is dying...

Hardware Problems

+NC+ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Think my MB is dying...
Recently over the last couple of months for some reason I keep getting the blue screen of death and then my HD will not work.

When I restart the computer I get an error blue screen telling me that there is a problem with the HD and that I need to do a virus scan or if it is not the first time I get the screen to do a Scan Disk on it. Umm.. little hard when I can't start up the computer..

IF I change the HD (with an extra one that I have) and reload Vista all runs great for a while and then it happens again....

GAWD!

Ok.. so used my last extra HD and again this happened, this time for this HD I had the MFG's CD for it and ran that and it checked and apparently fixed what ever was wrong but I had to reinstall EVERYTHING one more time...

Last night while trying to install the updated version of Adobe, it was almost done installing and POOF! It shuts down and when I tried to restart back to that same damn screen again. I had the error codes written down but now I can't find them. ARG!!!!!

I went out today and got a new HD thinking that because the others were old (about 5 to 7yrs old) this was the problem and after installing it I attempted to install XP - no luck, got the same message, tried the run the MFG's CD and it would not work.

Last try, disconnected the HD cable and connected the SATA adapter and cable and power supply and tried installing vista.. here I am but for how long?

One thing I noticed is that when I restarted my computer (I have a ABIT MB) that after it did it's start - stop - start thing, that sometimes nothing would happen but after I shut down the power to everything it was fine and started normally. I'm thinking that maybe the MB is just shot...

Another problem I have now too is that once I got the computer running again my external 1 TB HD will not work, I changed the USB cable and plugged it into a different port and still nothing .. I can't get it to work.

I may just say the hell with it and try to get a new MB tomorrow too..

Just wondering if anyone had any idea's ?