USB Speakers Not Detected Correctly (Logitech Z Cinema)

Hardware Problems

tlshaheen is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
USB Speakers Not Detected Correctly (Logitech Z Cinema)
http://forums.logitech.com/t5/image/...v=mpbl-1&px=-1
I got these speakers for my dad for Father's Day, and I can't get them to play correctly. I am using Windows Vista. The speakers will work for auxilary music devices like my ipod, or even when plugged into my computer's headphone jack, but I can't get them to play via the USB port. The drivers install when I plug the USB into the computer, and the icon shows up in the Control Panel Sounds window, but in that window there are no volume bars to the right of the icon like there are for other sound devices. Also, there is a red X on the volume control icon whenever the USB is plugged in. When I try to play music in Windows Media Player, it says that there is a problem with the sound device and it cannot play.

I have unplugged/replugged everything, uninstalled/installed everything, and restarted my computer several times. I also tried installing the speakers on a different computer (still Windows Vista) and am getting the same problem there as well. I've also tried installing them on a computer running XP, andthey work perfectly there, so it must be a vista problem.

What should I do?

harry_123 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: USB Speakers Not Detected Correctly (Logitech Z Cinema)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlshaheen View Post
[...]

I got exactly the same problem. Any luck with you?

Johndoe234 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: USB Speakers Not Detected Correctly (Logitech Z Cinema)
After install the SW, go to Device Manager and update Z Cinema with driver from C:\Program Files\Logitech\Z Cinema\Drivers\. Now terminate Z Cinema.exe and remove it from startup folder. or

WinVista/7: Select Logitech Z Cinema > Configure (left bottom) > Stereo > Tick Full Range Speakers.

Still no go, you can vist the offical site logitech to fix : forums.logitech.com/t5/Speakers/bd-p/51_speakers

PC Accessories