device cannot find enough free resources can use code 12

Hardware Problems

baremon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
device cannot find enough free resources can use code 12
hello im baremon,
i have a little problem to some but a big problem to me =(
i have as intergrated intel gma 4500. i used to have a nvidia geforce 7300 le but it died. here are my specs for my computer....

2gbs of ram, 3.0ghz dual core cpu, intel gma 4500, 550w psu,160g hd.

the bios and drivers are up-to-date.

if someone could help me that would be great.

thank you for your time

vnvnvn2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: device cannot find enough free resources can use code 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by baremon View Post
hello im baremon,
i have a little problem to some but a big problem to me =(
i have as intergrated intel gma 4500. i used to have a nvidia geforce 7300 le but it died. here are my specs for my computer....

2gbs of ram, 3.0ghz dual core cpu, intel gma 4500, 550w psu,160g hd.

the bios and drivers are up-to-date.

if someone could help me that would be great.

thank you for your time
Device Manager displays the following message in the Device Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Device Status text box:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Diagnosis

Two devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel. The assignment was made by either the basic input/output system (BIOS), the operating system, or a combination of the two.

Resolution

This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device. You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device.
__________________
Hardware Tools

kingman is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: device cannot find enough free resources can use code 12
following message in the Device Properties dialog box, on the General tab, in the Device Status text box:

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system. (Code 12)

Diagnosis

Two devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt, or the same Direct Memory Access channel. The assignment was made by either the basic input/output system (BIOS), the operating system, or a combination of the two.

ResolutionTwo devices have been assigned the same input/output (I/O) ports, the same interrupt,
This error message can also appear if the BIOS did not allocate enough resources to the device. You can use Device Manager to determine where the conflict is and disable the conflicting device.[/quote]
Sheer Curtains
dell xps m1730