Join Date: Mar 2009
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Camcorder connection - Error Code 39
Originally Posted by shepland
I am receiving an error code 39 when I connect my camcorder (Cannon Elura 100) to my laptop. Here are the steps I have taken:
1. Connected camcorder to the laptop (runnning Windows Vista 32-bit) with firewire cable.
2. Comupter bings to recognize that a device has been plugged in. Nothing automatically pops up to recognize the device.
3. When I go to Device Manager I see that "Canon DV Camcorder" is listed under Imaging Devices.
4. I double click on the device and find the following error code 39:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."
5. I also have a Sony Camcorder and receive the same notification when I connect it to the computer.
6. I have verified that both of these camcorders are compatible with Windows Vista. The driver should automatically download form the device.
Can anyone help?
Is the DVD player set up correctly? (ie, Master or Slave jumper setting correct?)
Does it appear correctly in the BIOS?
Have you tried deleting the entry and letting Windows re-detect it?