BSOD in vista, then restarts itself in XP

Hardware Problems

franklinrdl is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
BSOD in vista, then restarts itself in XP
Hello,

My Inspiron 1420 (Vista) used to work very well but when I tried to see a whole movie in it, it worked ok for about 1 hour and then it gave me a BSOD and restarted itself... then, It gave me the BSOD and restarted itself randomly

For this (and other) reson, I decided to eliminate Windows Vista and installed Windows XP... the installation worked ok, but when I begun to install some drivers that missed, my laptop restarted itself (no BSOD)... Now It restarts itself randomly after about 2 minutes of work

Can you help me?... what Can I do?

Thank you

vnvnvn2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: BSOD in vista, then restarts itself in XP
Usually rebooting of pc if operating system is all ok are due to problems to the power supply or due to overheating. Check if your fan, even the one of the power supply are all working or try to monitor the temperature of the pc.

Of course if you have a BSOD before rebooting the problem is due to Windows. You could analyze the memory dump (default xp setting is to save a reduced size of the memory in the file %SystemRoot%\Minidump) of your pc using winddows debugging tool (Debugging Tools for Windows - Overview) to connect to the debugger embedded in the windows kernel.
Hardware Tools

vnvnvn2000 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: BSOD in vista, then restarts itself in XP
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklinrdl View Post