Disk Management blue screen

Hardware Problems

jano_rajmond is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Disk Management blue screen
I honestly loved Windows Vista and therefore trusted it too much... bag things were bound to happen.

I was planning to shrink one (of my 5) partitions, to give Windows 7 a try, but never got to it. Here's why:

I shrunk one of my volumes and the unalocated space appeared but then when I finished going throuhgh the wizars which was supposed to make the new NTFS partition, Disk Management simply blue screened on me and the system rebooted with "No system disk" error message.

Now I don't have my Vista CD on me yet, just a Windows 7 CD, and when that boot up it only sees two partitions... 224 unalcated and the rest is one of my old partitions.

So one I get my hands on my Vista CD what should I try? System Recovery (if it works) and then Bootrec.exe to try to fix the Master Boot Record (cause I'm guessing that that was corrupted during blue screening).

Or any better ideas. And if that doesn't work, do any of you know a good and free data recovery software (like after I do a clean install and try to recovery at least something)

[about 300 GB of personal data that I really care about are at stake (]

Help please!

Michael84 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Disk Management blue screen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jano_rajmond View Post
[...]

Not sure if it is exactly what you are searching for but try to use this disk space management soft in this case. Hope it'll help.