Clicking with left mouse button gets right and left click

Hardware Problems

nychound2002 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clicking with left mouse button gets right and left click
I have a HP laptop with Vista and a synaptics touch pad. Since having SP1 installed when I click with the left button, i get both behaviors, the right click menu and the action. If i tap on the pad to click it works fine. I have uninstalled the synaptics driver and it still occurs. I have tried to update the synaptics driver to the latest version and it won't install.

any ideas? I have not tried and external mouse yet, but to i would prefer to use the touchpad.

Thanks in advance for any help/

LukazNZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Clicking with left mouse button gets right and left click
Hi, I have a USB mouse, randomly one day my left click changed to right, and right to left. To fix it i done these following things:
Went into the start menu, in the search bar typed mouse.
Opened 'Mouse'. Should be located in your control panel.
Changed the left click to left and the right mouse button to shortcut menu.

DO THIS :That may work, if it doesn't you also need to click the box 'Swap left and right button functions of USB mouse. !!! XD

Hopefully that helped as it should do.

Thanks. LukazNZ

LukazNZ is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Clicking with left mouse button gets right and left click
Quote:
Originally Posted by nychound2002 View Post