10 Hottest New Bike Gadgets for Gearheads

General Technology News

Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
10 Hottest New Bike Gadgets for Gearheads
: Photo: Jim Merithew/Wired.comCyclists are often overlooked in the gadget-lust category because their gear usually doesn't involve a screen, but no one craves the newest gizmo more than a biker with money to burn. The litany of bike models, the sophisticated engineering and the personal stat analysis also attract avid data addicts who appreciate product legacy and innovation.Here at Wired.com, we have more than a few resident pedal pundits who love to accessorize. Click through the gallery to see the latest bike gadgets and apparel that got even our empty wallets salivating.Left: Quarq Bicycle's new Power Meters allow you to measure pretty much any stat imaginable from your bike rides. The Quarq CinQo is compatible with your Garmin Edge 705, their own Quarq Qranium or the new iAreo, giving access to power, heart rate, speed, distance, torque and altitude. The Qranium computer runs on Linux and comes with 512 MB of memory. Quarq says they are lightweight, waterproof and come with a user-changeable battery. The system runs about $1,200, plus the price of your crank of choice.: Photo: Jim Merithew/Wired.comThe Pinhead prototype Bubble Lock is seen here with one wheel lock, a seat-post lock and a headset lock. Pinhead's disc-locking system allows you to carry around one key for all your bike parts and avoid elaborate lock jobs. Just turn the key on your wheels, seat and the bubble-shaped U-lock, and you're set. This convenience will set you back $75, with the...

Wired.comhttp://feeds.wired.com/~a/wired/topheadlines?i=Ehdg1I
http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=BZvMM http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=6Vavm http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=QCMAm http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=Zw3KM

More...