Wired.com Readers' Best Comic Tattoos

General Technology News

Steve's Avatar
Moderator

Location: Emerald Isle
Thanks: 24
Thanked 178 Times in 45 Posts
Wired.com Readers' Best Comic Tattoos
: Wired.com tracked down some great comic book-inspired tattoos at this year's ComicCon in San Diego, but we suspected our readers could show us some mad ink. We were right. Check out our favorite comics-inspired tattoos submitted by you.
Quite a few of the entries were definitely geeky, but not necessarily comic related, so we decided to give them some net space at our Wired.com Readers' Best Geek Tattoos gallery. Enjoy!
Left:
Comic Collection
Submitted by Anonymous
Photographer's comment:
"This takes up a lot less space than the boxes of comics I used to lug around.”
: Jean Grey as Phoenix
Submitted by Mindy C
Photographer's comment:
"Got this beauty six months ago -- it took two four-hour sessions. I still need to go in and have more shading added when I get the funding together. I plan on getting Rogue on my left arm, and Fray eventually. This was my third tattoo. :)”
: Super (Mario) Duper Tattoo
Submitted by Liz
Photographer's comment:
"I went in to see Kevin Starai @ Deluxe Tattoo in Chicago almost two years ago with pictures and my own crappy drawings of what I wanted. 'The bad dudes from Mario brothers.' When I came back a month later to see his drawings, I almost pooped my pants. Even now when I wake up and see it every day, I almost poop my pants. I love it. "
: Vissago's Metroid
Submitted by Vissago
Photographer's comment:
"I've wanted this tattoo for years and years. This was four sessions, each an hour in length."
: Marvel Zombies
Submitted by Greg Clarke
Photographer's comment:
"Marvel Zombies Secret Wars cover, with some characters switched out."
: The Corinthian (from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman)
Submitted by Brian Dillard
Photographer's comment:
"This is 'The Corinthian', the serial killer nightmare from Neil Gaiman's The Sandman. It's part of an entire Sandman sleeve mostly inked by Kevin Lytle of Eternal Tattoo in Livonia, Michigan. It was Kevin's idea to surround him in a crown of leaves in which human eyeballs -- his feast of choice -- substitute for berries or flowers."
: Death and Life of Superman
Submitted by Rob Stevens
Photographer's comment:
"Done after my divorce and for my 32nd birthday, symbolizes my love of the Superman character, as well as the transition from my old life to my new one. The kryptonian script above the tattoo is a word chosen to remind me that being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely: Solitude."
: Godzilla & Co.
Submitted by Kyle Y
Photographer's comment:
"The king of the monsters commanded nothing less than a full sleeve dedicated to himself and those giant rubber behemoths, and I obeyed. It took me seven years to complete it."
: Boba Fett
Submitted by tk7602
Photographer's comment:
"The skull from Boba Fett's shoulder armor in Return of the Jedi."
: Major Motoko Kusanagi
Submitted by Melissa
Photographer's comment:
"I love anime, and what better way to show that then get a giant tattoo of my all-time anime goddess?”
: Akira Tattoo
Submitted by Joe Peacock
Photographer's comment:
"My Akira sleeve, based on the comic (not the movie). I started designing this when I was 16 years old. It's changed a bit over the years, and once I found an artist who could do what I wanted, we got to work. This is the final result, depicting the moments after Akira awakens and nukes Neo-Tokyo."

http://www.pheedo.com/img.phdo? http://www.pheedo.com/feeds/tracker....206e876bfeb916http://feeds.wired.com/~a/wired/topheadlines?i=UcWlSX
http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=DGqBL http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=DxFsl http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=mpZXl http://feeds.wired.com/~f/wired/topheadlines?i=fauLL

More...