Why do people use Twitter?

General Chat

KahRAmaN is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why do people use Twitter?
Thanks for this great forum. This is my first post to the forum and I wonder what you people think.

Why people use Twitter? What motivates people to use Twitter? Any ideas? It’s about news or comments?
Griffin2's Avatar

Location: Austin
Griffin2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
Twitter is a social networking option. It can be used to track the activities of individuals (provided they update it), promote items, articles, and sites, or just share short pieces of information with those you follow. You can use it to keep track of people and items of interest who utilize its services, and/or just make new friends without the involvement of Facebook or MySpace.

It can also be used with ease on mobile phones (via text messaging) so you can get updates as you're on the move.

Barrett2 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
Quote:
Originally Posted by KahRAmaN View Post
Thanks for this great forum. This is my first post to the forum and I wonder what you people think.

Why people use Twitter? What motivates people to use Twitter? Any ideas? It’s about news or comments?
To be honest, my first impression of Twitter was that it was for folks who had way too much time on their hands who narcissistically wanted to broadcast every random thought that crossed their brains.

While this may be true in some instances, there are also some very smart, professional, forward thinking people whom I respect who are using Twitter intelligently.

Yep, you heard that right–I just used the words “intelligently” and “Twitter” in the same sentence.

Like cell phones, email, and blackberries, Twitter is a tool that can either add value to your working life or become the perfect interruption machine, depending on how well you use it.

codyBane is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
I'm not a big fan of it myself mostly because I don't really care that much about what other people are doing. But froma business standpoint it's a great social marketing tool!

Cheers
Cody

polmonitor is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
Hello.
I don't use twitter.
How is a marketing tool?

matchmakers61 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
People want attention, and posting everything they're doing will give them that. They may also be looking for people to comment on it, so they look popular. My brother does this all the time, and tells everyone how many friends he has, but he actually doesn't know most of them.

harryden is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
I am also using Twitter.Twitter is a Social Networking site.It's very helpful to bring a traffic on a particular sites.Twitter is also helpful to promoting a site.

daviquotep6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
i think they use it instead of sending SMS becuae they can do it right from the cell phone and all their friends can see it. anyway, lots of celebrities started to use it so there was a big buzz around it.
Micheal Jordon's Avatar

Micheal Jordon is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
twitter is a good social networking site , but it is for oldies mostly or for the mature persons . fb is for youngsters , i mostly use fb rather than twitter .

Location: USA
Alicee is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Why do people use Twitter?
I only have heard about Twitter..
say it is old forum to be used and does not entertain much.. and Facebook is far more than Twitter.