I love it, Great Job, Mr. Gates 10 66.67%
This is Microsoft's down fall, hate it! 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Xenomorph's Avatar

Location: Haha, Nice try
Xenomorph will become famous soon enoughXenomorph will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve View Post

I side with Xenomorph and also wonder why aarathi is on a Vista Forum if he doesn't use Vista
I myself am puzzled by that too

If you update Vista and your drivers and software on a regular basis and defragment your hard drive and clean it up of useless files too, you will see that Vista can shine!

I do all of that and my PC is better than ever. Although Avant Browser caused a bunch of blue-screen problems, they are now gone and Vista is still shining.

So, blame the OS after you've tried all else!
__________________
Nothing Like Having a Facehugger on Your Face

Mystic1 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Polls aren't usually my thing but I'll bite. Been using Vista for over a year now: Home Premium on a machine that is 4 years old and Vista Business on a rig I built last month. To date I've had no issues with Vista on either machine. For awhile I dual booted my Home Premium rig with XP but soon gave it up. XP just didn't cut it. I guess you can say I'm more than satisfied with Vista.
13th_Panther's Avatar

13th_Panther is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 1
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Vista ultimate is good for me at first i didn't like it but i learned to read more before i bought software and games and not much trouble XP was the same way when it first came out.

matchmakers61 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
When it first came out it had a lot of problems. It didn't have drivers for a lot of older equipment. It was not what most people were use to using, a really different format and some different nomenclature. It was just to over powering for a lot of people especially when they had to buy "vista certified" software and upgrade equipment. For years Microsoft "followed the pack" that is it built its OS to comply with existing equipment/software, with Vista they were "ahead of the pack" so other manuf. had to play catch-up! Even today you may find there are some older equipment that has yet to have drivers that will work with Vista. As far as 32 bit to 64 bit,.. well ya, there are problems, not much different then when we went from 16 bit to 32 bit! I think Microsoft is getting back on the right track with windows 7 , not too much "bloat" not too many "dummy" commands/questions.

matchmakers61 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Personally i think vista is good...but waiting this long after windows XP, windows vista is nothing but a copy of some mac versions.

Mac each year launches new versions of mac osx tiger, and many more which are creative.

I now use windows xp because i baught my pc before vista is released...but if i baught any new pc, i wouldn't mind using vista.

anwarsumar is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Friends i do hate Vista. I think it has brought a bad name to Microsoft.Although I am optimistic that windows 7 will bring back the good old days for Microsoft.
CoolJoeGirl4's Avatar

CoolJoeGirl4 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad things going around about Vista. Some say it is incompatible with almost everything, others say it is slow and even more say it is not competent for gaming.

I can prove them wrong, because I play games in Vista that could barely work in XP. My Vista is pretty fast and I don't have much speed troubles. And I've tried the oldest programs and they still work.

So personally, i think Vista is better than XP and that people who say Vista is bad must have had some corruption/virus on their PCs that made Vista bad.

So, what is your opinion on Vista?
Hi..My Dell Latitude laptop was a gift from my family and Vista Ultimate was already loaded on..That was Feb 2010..Since that time I`ve experimented with a lot of things on my computer, included downloading, uploading, uninstalling..you name it..I frequently do a reg clean, disk clean and defrag..my laptop (which is not new) works great with Vista..Not really familiar with other OS so can`t compare..I think keeping your system as 'clean' as possible and taking advantage of updates is the key to success..but hey, I`m 'old school', so what do I know (smile).
__________________
CoolJoeGirl4

daviquotep6 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Don't hate it, but don't much like it,either
i like vista. i got it with my new computer and used only xp before.

i think it`s pretty ok, because i dont use lots of programs on my computer so the system is still running fast even after 2 years of using it.

but i know lots of my friends have problems with this operation system.

all in all it`s cool for me

oxpictus is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenomorph View Post
Yeah, I've heard a lot of bad things going around about Vista. Some say it is incompatible with almost everything, others say it is slow and even more say it is not competent for gaming.

I can prove them wrong, because I play games in Vista that could barely work in XP. My Vista is pretty fast and I don't have much speed troubles. And I've tried the oldest programs and they still work.

So personally, i think Vista is better than XP and that people who say Vista is bad must have had some corruption/virus on their PCs that made Vista bad.

So, what is your opinion on Vista?
I detest Vista. I am in the process of writing a historical novel, and have done exhaustive research, only to try and access it the next day, and it is not in "Documents". I found a bunch of my manuscript files in "Recently Changed" (God, how I hate [i]this[i] designation!!) and today, I ran across something called "Computer User". Therein were my files!!! There is no gateway into "Computer User" unless you go for "Search". At least "Recently Changed" was accessible without searching. Still, I would like to have all files I create STAY in "Documents". How do I transfer them, and then how do I delete the "Computer User" and "Recently Changed" folders?

angel123 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Do y'all hate Vista?
Let me first tell the good things i liked on vista..It is the best i feel for gaming..And is more suitable for business people..And the bad thing i found is it is not compatible..