Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner

Drivers






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 01-31-2009
 

Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1
Turtles50 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Help, I just moved over from myXP system to a new Vista 64-bit system and I have an Epson Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner that I cannot get to work AT ALL with this new system. Does anyone know if they have one out yet for 64-bit Vista? I've checked Epson's web site with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use this scanner all the time for photos and negatives. Thanks
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Turtles50 For This Useful Post:
petrus@home (03-18-2009)
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2009
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
synesthesiac is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtles50 View Post
Help, I just moved over from myXP system to a new Vista 64-bit system and I have an Epson Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner that I cannot get to work AT ALL with this new system. Does anyone know if they have one out yet for 64-bit Vista? I've checked Epson's web site with no luck. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I use this scanner all the time for photos and negatives. Thanks
I am dealing with the same problem only I have the epson perfection 1660
I spoke with them on the phone regarding getting new drivers and was just told that my scanner was not supported. I then emailed them to find out if my scanner will ever be supported by the windows vista 64 bit system
and am awaiting there reply. It may be a good idea to do the same thing.
have a great day
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009
 

Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 1
tng1701d is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Quote:
Originally Posted by synesthesiac View Post
I am dealing with the same problem only I have the epson perfection 1660
I spoke with them on the phone regarding getting new drivers and was just told that my scanner was not supported. I then emailed them to find out if my scanner will ever be supported by the windows vista 64 bit system
and am awaiting there reply. It may be a good idea to do the same thing.
have a great day
Hi Synesthesiac,
I had the same problem today. There is no driver for this scanner for Windows Vista 64Bit. So you can't install the scanner with this system.
So I created a virtual machine with Microsoft Virtual PC (free). I had to do this with my old XP-Computer, because Microsoft Virtual PC doesn't support Vista 64 Bit. Than i copied this virtual machine on the new computer an started it with vmware player (free).
Than i installed the scanner software and it works!
Greetings from tng1701d
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2009
 

Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2
synesthesiac is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Quote:
Originally Posted by tng1701d View Post
Hi Synesthesiac,
I had the same problem today. There is no driver for this scanner for Windows Vista 64Bit. So you can't install the scanner with this system.
So I created a virtual machine with Microsoft Virtual PC (free). I had to do this with my old XP-Computer, because Microsoft Virtual PC doesn't support Vista 64 Bit. Than i copied this virtual machine on the new computer an started it with vmware player (free).
Than i installed the scanner software and it works!
Greetings from tng1701d
Thank you so much. You saved me from buying another scanner and I love the epson 1660 its worked well while I've owned it. Have a great day.
Synesthesiac
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-27-2010
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1
R2-2k10 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Another option would be to use a program called VueScan. It is not free but Epson recommends it as it is able to install a driver for 64bit editions of Vista & Windows 7

VueScan Scanner Software for Windows 7, Mac OS X (Snow Leopard) and Linux

Robert from Blitware.
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-27-2010
 

Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1
geeksalive is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
A possible free 64-bit scanner driver for the Epson Perfection 1650 scanner is mentioned here:
PlanetAMD64 > EPSON Perfection 1650 Vista x64 Driver is now available!

I've not tried it yet. The download package is in the form of a .rar file instead of the more common .zip file, but there are many free tools for unpacking .rar files (I use ZipGenius).

Dave
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2011
 

Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Does is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: 64-Bit Driver for EPSON Perfection 1650 Photo Scanner
Yes! Fantastic. Finally a driver that works for my 1650 scanner on vista 64 bit. Thank a lot! I have been searching all day and nothing else seemed to work. I tried the xp compatible installation of de epson 32 bit xp version, to no avail. But this driver works for me.
I hope it works for others too.

Thanks again.

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Epson Perfection 1660 Photo Scanner John Meade Snowling microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 17 07-21-2009 18:55
Epson Perfection 1650 scanner in Vista 64-bit Mangomama Windows Vista Home Premium 0 01-08-2009 22:33
Epson Perfection V200 Photo Scanner John microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 17 05-02-2008 07:01
Scanner Epson Perfection 1660 Photo Alberto S microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 1 02-17-2008 17:40
Vista drivers for Epson Perfection 1650 photo scanner Capt. Brigg microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 09-07-2007 04:52




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:05.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120