Stereo recording with Vista

Audio & Video Software

anderser is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Stereo recording with Vista
Hi, I have severe problems making stereo recordings in Vista.

I use a Soundblaster X-Fi sound card and EXPstudio Audio Editor (freeware) for recordings. It has worked fine until recently, and I suspect the problem may have occurred when I installed another freeware audio editor: Audacity.

The problem is that when I do stereo recordings in either EXPstudio or Audacity, the sounds on both Left and Right channels are the same - both input channels on my PC record one of the output channels from my 16-track portastudio. (Say that I have stereo panned two guitars on my portastudio; when I make a stereo mix recording on my PC, only one of the guitars are audible, and it's equally audible on both Left and Right channel in the stereo mix.)

Notes: I have eliminated everything I can think of. The problem is not my 16-track portastudio, I get the same problem recording from other devices. The problem is not the connection (stereo phono - stereo mini jack), I've tried others. The problem is not the microphone/mini jack input on my sound card - I have another input on my PC and it's the same. It's not the mono/stereo settings in EXPstudio - it's set on stereo and it's the same with Audacity. The control panel > sound settings > recording is also set on stereo, and so is the X-Fi sound card.

What could cause this problem, and how do I solve it? Please, I have some songs I'm desperate to mix down from 16 tracks to stereo/.wav.

Best regards,
Anders

Donna Greenfield is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Stereo recording with Vista
Hello,

I dont know why this problem has been occured, but i do the same stereo recordings with FlexiMusic Audio Editor, it has never crashed on me. Make a try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderser View Post